To keep our workshops interactive we limit them to a dozen people. We’ve got two seats left in our Thursday December 6th “Idea to Revenue workshop” so we have added a second one Saturday January 19, 2008. This one will be held at the Moorpark Hotel in San Jose.
We got a number of requests for a Saturday workshop so we’ve obliged. Fenwick is a great venue that we plan to return to in 2008, but we’ve also really enjoyed the ambiance and staff at the Moorpark Hotel and had great experiences there. It’s a little further south but it’s just off 280 at Saratoga and on a Saturday the traffic should be much easier to manage.
These are real workshops for entrepreneurs who want to spend four hours developing a one page plan for 2008. Here is a partial list of the topics we cover:
- Where Are You, What’s Going On – What’s the Situation
- Guided Assessment on Software Startup Maturity: we’ve identified about four dozen key milestones that a software startup has to reach to be able to hit not just break even but growth. (Note: raising venture capital is not on the list but customer testimonials and a scalable sales process are).
- How Did You Get Here? You Have You Done – Core Competencies (it’s not about “latent talents” but “have done, can do.”)
- What are Your Key Assumptions About Your Startup
- Turning What You “Intend to Do” next year into “Goals, Strategies, and Metrics”
- Identifying Your Budget Constraints: Time and Money (in particular managing the tensions between consulting and developing a product).
- Integrating Situation, Competencies, Goals, Strategies, and Metrics into a one page plan
Update December 3: the December 6 event is now SOLD OUT, no walk-ins will be accepted, there are still seats available for the Saturday January 19, 2008 “Idea to Revenue” workshop.
Trackback from your site.