If you are updating your website, here a couple of things you want to make sure you do:
- Add Google Analytics to your new pages.
- Add permanent redirects (HTTP 301) for any pages you have moved/renamed to preserve search engine ranking.
- View your website on multiple browsers (at least the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox).
- Run Website Grader to get a short fix-it list for things you may have overlooked.
- Run a spell check on any pages you have added or updated; we use spellr.us.
- Google’s Webmaster Tools offer a number of good checks: in particular the “Crawl Errors” and “HTML Suggestions” diagnostics. Like Google Analytics it’s free.
Trackback from your site.