Theresa Shafer and I are giving a talk on “10 Tips on How to Choose a Business Partner” on Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm at the Women In Consulting (WIC) South Bay meeting.
We will outline some important tips and considerations when choosing a partner, sub-contractor, or alliances members that will help grow your business. We will explore a range of working relationships including employees, contractors, alliances, partners and co-owners. We will look these relationship roles and tips for structuring these deals.
This session will explore:
- Difference between employees, contractors, alliances, partners and co-owners
- Defining the relationship roles
- When to decide to partner
- What partners need from you
- How to pitch to a partner
About the Presenters
- Theresa Shafer is a hardware engineer and a mom, with a do-it/done methodology.
- Sean Murphy has taken an entrepreneurial approach to life since he could drive.
- They have served as an advisor to dozens of startups, helping them explore new options and bring their businesses to new levels. SKMurphy, Inc., focuses on early customers and early revenue for software startups, helping engineers to understand business development. Their clients have offerings in electronic design automation, artificial intelligence, web-enabled collaboration, proteomics, text analytics, legal services automation, and medical services workflow.
Los Gatos Lodge, 50 Los Gatos-Saratoga Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032; 408-354-3300
(Off of Hwy 880 at the Hwy 9 exit)
Cost (includes meeting, meal, beverage, dessert)
- WIC Members: $23 preregistration, $28 at the door
- Non-WIC Members: $33 preregistration, $38 at the door
- Price includes meeting, meal, beverage, and dessert
Register: at the door; advanced on-line reservation closed Thursday, September 9, 2010, 12 Noon
Trackback from your site.