Our Bootstrapper Breakfasts and Lean Culture Meetup move online in March of 2020 to meet the needs of entrepreneurs who are sheltering in place. If you find yourself hunkered down at home and getting a little stir crazy, join us online.
Bootstrapper Breakfast and Lean Culture Move Online in March 2020
We have been experimenting with an online version of our Bootstrapper Breakfast® to complement our in person breakfasts. Recent events (a worldwide pandemic and shelter in place orders for Santa Clara County) have made us look more prescient than I would have preferred. Here are all of the on-line Bootstrapper Breakfasts scheduled in March and April. Many of these may start quite early from a Silicon Valley perspective but, you are welcome to attend if you are (still) up. All of these events are no charge.
Events This Week
Tue-Mar-24 7pm PDT Lean Culture Online: “Land and Expand Strategies”
- Overview: A key area where many companies don’t focus as much as they should is expansion within their existing customers. You should acquire new customers – but ONLY if there is an equal or greater focus on retaining and expanding your footprint within existing accounts.
- Speaker: Patty Watkins has extensive experience as an SVP and VP of Sales, regionally, nationally and globally in both startups in Silicon Valley and Fortune 500 companies–including HP, AT&T, Teradata and NCR – where she also led startup teams. She earned her BBA from the University of Texas at Austin and her MBA from Santa Clara University in Northern California, graduating with honors from both universities. Patty has built sales organizations from $0 to $100M plus multiple times, transformed several sales teams from worst to first, and led many successful teams to significantly improved results. Patty has a wide breath of experience leading sales teams in landing and expanding sales.
- Register (No Charge) https://www.meetup.com/lean-culture/events/267878256/
Thu-Mar-26 5:30am PDT New York / Philly Virtual BB
Fri-Mar-27 5am PDT “Leading in Uncertainty”
- Two hour workshop will provide insights into planning for the unknown, offer systems for preparedness, and guidance for some of your specific challenges.
- Organized by Mike Krupit, leader of New York and Philly Bootstrapper Breakfasts
- Register (No Charge) https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iyA9k6LSSR6u-MTyrvhknA
Fri-Mar-27 9am PDT Mountain View Bootstrapper Breakfast Online
April 2020 Events
Fri-Apr-3 8:30am PDT Palo Alto BB Online
Fri-Apr-10 8:30am PDT San Francisco BB Online
Thu-Apr-20 6:30am PDT Chicago BB Online
Tue-Apr-21 8am PDT Sunnyvale BB Online
Fri-Apr-24 9am PDT Mountain View Bootstrapper Breakfast Online
Details For Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, and Mountain View Bootstrapper Breakfasts Move Online
- Once you register you will be emailed a Zoom login and granted access to a Google Doc for shared note taking during the breakfast.
- A copy of the notes will be mailed to all attendees
- We ask that you turn your camera on for the event if it’s feasible as it allows people to feel more comfortable sharing challenges and offering perspectives to others.
- As always CJ Lipe of www.adminologist.com takes part to help keep us organized and on track.
Related Blog Posts
- Guidelines For An Online Community of Entrepreneurs
- Do You Ever Get the Feeling That Everything You Know is Wrong?
- Key Lessons From Priya Parker’s “The Art of Gathering”
- Reciprocal Gift-Exchange and Charity Knit Networks into Communities
- Seth Godin “Trust Is Even More Scarce Than Attention”
- Paul Saffo “Best Strategy is Ready, Fire, Steer”
- Lessons From Working With Teams Who Speak English as a Second Language
Another version of this post appears on the Bootstrapper Breakfast blog at “Feeling Hunkered Down? Join Us at Online Bootstrappers Breakfasts in March and April 2020.”
Photo Credit: “Calendar with Push Pins by Mykola Komarovskyy (Licensed from 123RF / Image ID : 35324008)