We are trying an experiment tomorrow, instead of a book we will be talking about a short (200 words) but insightful blog post by Seth Godin “Texting While Working” that addresses several challenges many bootstrappers wrestle judging by the breakfast conversations I take part in.
- Organizer: Francis Adanza, Dir. Professional Services, LeadFormix
- Carl Ludewig, Ludewig Multimedia
- Tim Rice, Preach Media
- Sean Murphy, SKMurphy
We plan to address these questions that the blog post raised, as well as any that the audience wants to ask:
- How do you resist the temptation to multi-task or do “busy work” instead of working on “The Hard Stuff” that differentiates your offering?
- How To Determine The “The Hard Stuff”?
- How do you benchmark yourself against the competition without growing complacent and without psyching yourself out?
- What low value task are you prone to: E-Mail, desk/office cleanup, LinkedIn/Facebook, Hacker News,…?
- What is second?
- What are you now working on to improve?
- How do you “raise the stakes?”
When: Wednesday September 28, Noon PDT
(9:00 a.m. Hawaii, 1:00 p.m. Mountain, 2:00 p.m. Central, 3:00 p.m. Eastern)
Cost: $15 Join the call-in discussion
More Info: “Book Club Discussion: Seth Godin’s ‘Texting While Working’“
Trackback from your site.