Tomorrow we have a first Bootstrappers Breakfast in Milpitas at the Omega Restaurant, 90 S. Park Victoria Drive. Come join us for our shake down cruise at a new location. If you haven’t been to one here are some guidelines for first timers:
The breakfast starts at 7:30am and ends at 9am. Your cost is your meal + 20% tip; we get the “back room” to ourselves. The other attendees will all be in early stage software startups, it will be a chance to compare notes on operational, development, and business issues with peers. The format is as follows:
- Folks arrive and network until 7:30am
- We take seats around a single large table and order.
- We go around the room and everyone has 2 minutes to introduce themselves and their company. You can also put one or more issues on the table for discussion later.
- We recap and condense the discussion items into clusters as appropriate and then have the person(s) who raised the issue spend another minute or two explaining it in more detail.
- Other members of the group make comments, offer suggestions, or ask clarifying questions.
- We end promptly at 9am, there is time afterward for one on one discussions between attendees.
These breakfasts were designed for entrepreneurs to share ideas and leverage thoughts with other folks who are serious about growing their business. We facilitate the breakfasts as a service to the Silicon Valley bootstrapper community, so there is no sales pitch from us or anyone else who attends.
We also facilitate breakfasts in Sunnyvale at the Coco’s on Oakmead at Lawrence and in Palo Alto at the Hobee’s on the El Camino near Arastradero. See a Calendar of Events or the Bootstrappers Breakfast website for more details.
We have been doing these since October 2006 at Coco’s and March of 20007 at Hobee’s; I hope to see you at one when it’s convenient.