I will be at the Startup Lessons Learned 2011 conference tomorrow. If you are there in person please say hello, I am always interested in meeting one of the baker’s dozen who read my blog.
At this point the conference is sold out but it is being streamed to something like 100 locations, see http://www.sllconf.com/streaming for a location near you.
The three talks I am most interested in hearing tomorrow are
- 10:20AM to 10:40AM PDT “Votizen Case Study: How and When to Pivot” Dave Binetti from Votizen, who is always candid and insightful about his entrepreneurial journey.
- 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM PDT Steve Blank’s Keynote. Steve Blank is always thought provoking and I expect nothing less from this keynote.
- 4:50 PM – 5:10 PM PDT “Groupon Case Study: Using Lean Startup Principles to Manage Hypergrowth” by Suneel Gupta, Groupon. I grew up in St. Louis so I was glad to see they could find room at the end of the day for a firm from “flyover country.” I don’t know much about Groupon but I understand that they have met with some success in the marketplace.
- Dave Binetti did not disappoint, his slides are up at http://www.slideshare.net/dbinetti/lean-startup-at-sxsw-votizen-pivot-case-study
- Steve’s slides are at http://www.slideshare.net/sblank/when-the-boardroom-is-bits-052111
- Gupta’s talk ran long but didn’t seem to contain any lessons learned.