“Lean” provides a scientific approach for creating a product and developing new businesses. Teams can iteratively build products or services to meet the needs of early customers by adopting a combination of customer development, business-hypothesis-driven experimentation and iterative product releases.
What I will cover:
- Why more and more companies are using Lean
- What is Lean, what it is not
- Key concepts
- Focus on determining and delivering what the customer values
- Get Out Of Your BatCave
- Use an initial product (MVP) as a probe to explore the market
- Build-Measure-Learn loop
- When and how to pivot
- Rules of thumb for successful lean innovation
Speaker Bio: Sean Murphy, CEO of SKMurphy, Inc., offers customer development services for technology entrepreneurs. SKMurphy’s focus is on early customers and early revenue for startups. Sean is an early and active member of the Lean Startup group and has been a workshop presenter and mentor at Lean Startup Conferences. SKMurphy’s clients have offerings in electronic design automation, artificial intelligence, web-enabled collaboration, proteomics, text analytics, legal services automation, and medical services workflow. Sean holds a BS in Mathematical Sciences and an MS in Engineering-Economic Systems (Management Science) from Stanford University.
- When: 6:30-8:30 Wed-Nov-20-2013
- Where: HP Executive Briefing Center, 3000 Hanover St, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- Cost: free; but SF Bay ACM membership is only $20 per year, so please consider joining
- Please Register http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-ACM/events/147810792/
This will let the SF Bay ACM team know how much food and beverage to provide
Note: It’s a new talk and I am looking for a few chances to do a dry run. If you are interested in walking through a rough version for 30-45 minutes on skype or GoToMtg and providing some feedback please contact me.