Please copy and download the worksheets.
Social Capital Worksheet
Building a strong social network is critical to every new business. This is the set of business relationships that have been established with customers, partners, suppliers, and prospects. These business relationships enable access to domain experts, introductions to potential cofounders and early employees, and conversations with prospects who may become early customers.
It’s as much about who you know as it is how you know them. These contacts could come from:
- Family, friends, and acquaintances
- The firm’s current suppliers, partners, customers, and advisors
- Co-workers, customers, and suppliers from prior employment
- Alumni: classmates and teachers from high school, college, and university
- Industry, professional, or association memberships
- Permission to contact lists (e.g., mailing lists)
Intellectual Capital Worksheet
Intellectual capital refers to business assets that demonstrate your business value.
Financial Capital Worksheet
Starting a new business does require some initial money, whether for office space, permits, licenses, inventory, product development, manufacturing, or marketing.
©2020 SKMurphy, Inc. V1.0 11/23/2020