Ihor Bauman shares tips for building a portfolio and generating initial sales – crucial steps in validating and launching your business.
In the video below, Ihor shares how to get started building your portfolio.
In the video above, Ihor addresses a very important question, for everyone who already found a niche, who already understands its value proposition, who already understands who to target, and who already has a website, which is how to start building a portfolio.
Building a portfolio and acquiring customers takes time and effort, but showcasing your value, networking, and leveraging various channels can increase your chances of success.
Here is a summary of the steps he highlighted as ways to build your portfolio before you have clients:
- Create as much as possible: Even if you don’t have clients, create various examples of your work showcasing your skills and expertise. This could include courses, design projects, consultations, or other relevant work. Share these samples on your website and social media platforms to demonstrate your abilities.
- Volunteer for public organizations: Reach out to nonprofit organizations that could benefit from your skills and offer your services as a volunteer. This allows you to gain real-world experience, receive references, and expand your network through referrals.
- Participate in competitions: Engage in competitions hosted by companies or organizations that align with your niche. These competitions provide opportunities to showcase your abilities, gain recognition, and potentially win prizes to enhance your portfolio.
- Focus on personalized approaches: Tailor your outreach messages to your target audience’s specific needs and interests. A customized approach increases the likelihood of engagement and conversion.
- Build a referral network: As you work with clients and establish relationships, encourage them to provide referrals and testimonials. Referrals from satisfied clients can be invaluable in generating new business opportunities.
- Cold reach out: Utilize cold outreach methods such as email, LinkedIn, or direct messaging to connect with potential clients. Leverage your existing network and referrals to establish credibility and increase the chances of conversion.
In the full video, Ihor shares with you:
- How to build the unique value
- Where to find the very first clients
- Set up business processes from a-z
- How to scale and what’s next?
With the fast-growing market transformation, finding the fit and your unique selling point is a pivotal task. Ihor shares the best of his knowledge about key aspects of transitioning from a consulting career to entrepreneurship, including identifying a market need, developing a unique value proposition, building a team, and managing risk. He also emphasizes the importance of mindset shifts, such as embracing uncertainty and learning from failure, in order to succeed as an entrepreneur.
About Ihor Bauman
Ihor Bauman is CEO & Co-Founder of Workee.net. With over a decade of experience in product development and management, Ihor is passionate about innovation and helping freelancers worldwide. He has spoken at various conferences and events, including the Global Entrepreneurship Summit, the European Innovation Day, and the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance Summit.
Related Blog Posts
- View slides
- Lean Culture Startup Community
- Moe Arnaiz: Lessons Learned Bootstrapping eMOBUS and Weeldi
- John Nash on “Make Something that People Want”
- Mark Tweddle Asks, “What’s Your Story?” at Lean Culture
- A Conversation with Mark Tweddle on Imposter Syndrome
- Holly Hester-Reilly: Lean Product Principles in B2B
- Qualitative Research: Problem Exploration for Lean Startups
- Tisha Littlejohn interviews Derek Woods