- 5:50PM – 6:00PM Registration and Networking
- 6:00PM – 6:30PM Successful Entrepreneur – Paul Tien
- 6:30PM – 6:45PM Break
- 6:45PM – 7:45PM Launching your business and executing the plan – Claire Chang
- 7:45PM – 8:00PM Dinner Break
- 8:00PM – 9:00PM Now what? Post launch growth plan – Sean Murphy
The theme of talk will be “What was once heroic must become routine.” I will take a look at how things change between beta and post launch. In particular post launch growth looks very different from early customer acquisition efforts, placing new requirements on the firm as a whole as well as triggering changes in practices and organizational structure in both customer development (sales, marketing, business development) and product development (engineering, quality, support).
Registration is $20 if you haven’t already signed up.
Update Apr-1-2008: a transcript and podcast are now available for this talk.
Update July-7-2008: a related blog post “What Was Heroic Must Become Routine” applies some of the lessons from this talk to some other startup examples.