Great post by Lindsay Robertson on “The Do’s and Don’ts of Online Publicity, For Some Reason” where she lists nine rules of thumb for getting publicity. Here were my top three from here list (numbers are from the original: read the whole thing):
1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE means FOR IMMEDIATE DELETE to any blogger with any influence. Period.
3. A blogger’s resistance to marketing/publicity is directly proportionate to his or her influence as a blogger.
4. A Monkey Can Send a Mass Email: Build Relationships and Understand What Your Real Job Is
Some related posts:
- “Tips for a Startup’s Early Press Releases“
- “A Conversation With Ed Lee on the Changing Media Landscape for EDA“
- Clay Shirky’s July 13, 2009 post “It’s not An Upgrade It’s an Upheaval“