It’s time for another summer reading list, this year I am focused on ecosystem models: systems thinking informed by biological metaphors.
Summer Reading: Applying Ecosystem Models To Business
If you are looking for some good books on how to apply ecosystem models (systems thinking informed by biological metaphors) to your business here are three good choices to take on vacation.
- The Wide Lens by Ron Adner is insightful, practical, and offers recent examples
- The End of Competition by James F. Moore provides a good theoretical framework but now two decades old; he clearly saw it coming. His HBR article provides 80% of the insights and is worth reading first: Predator and Prey a New Ecology of Competition
- Bionomics: Economy as Ecosystem by Michael Rothschild is from 1990 but still very much worth reading. Combines information theory, energy models, and biological metaphors to offer real insights.
Related Blog Posts
- Summer Reading List for Entrepreneurs–2015 Edition
- Three Great Books on Generating Innovative Business Ideas
- I Am Reading “The Wide Lens” by Ron Adner
- Scott Sambucci: Seven Tips For Selling as a Startup Founder
- Sketching the Likeness of an Imaginary Business
Photo credit: Unlocking the World of Knowledge by Max Murphy
2 thoughts on “Summer Reading for 2013: Applying Ecosystem Models To Business”
Pingback: SKMurphy, Inc. E-Book Summary For Lean Startup and Four Steps
Pingback: SKMurphy, Inc. Citizen Science: An Open Source Model For Collaboration - SKMurphy, Inc.