It’s time for another summer reading list, this year I am focused on ecosystem models: systems thinking informed by biological metaphors.
Summer Reading: Applying Ecosystem Models To Business
- The Wide Lens by Ron Adner is insightful, practical, and offers recent examples
- The End of Competition by James F. Moore provides a good theoretical framework but now two decades old; he clearly saw it coming. His HBR article provides 80% of the insights and is worth reading first: Predator and Prey a New Ecology of Competition
- Bionomics: Economy as Ecosystem by Michael Rothschild is from 1990 but still very much worth reading. Combines information theory, energy models, and biological metaphors to offer real insights.
Related Blog Posts
- Summer Reading List for Entrepreneurs–2015 Edition
- Three Great Books on Generating Innovative Business Ideas
- I Am Reading “The Wide Lens” by Ron Adner
- Scott Sambucci: Seven Tips For Selling as a Startup Founder
- Sketching the Likeness of an Imaginary Business