Recently we helped a client, Walt Maclay of Voler Systems, get a speaking assignment at a popular conference. We drafted and submitted the talk proposal, developed the major outline and main points for the talk content, researched and created charts and diagrams, and preformed dry runs to help him prepare.
Client in the News: Walt Maclay Speaks at HardwareCon 2017
- Bio: Mr. Walt Maclay is President and founder of Voler Systems, one of the top electronic design firms in Silicon Valley. He has been President of the Professional and Technical Consultants Association (PATCA). He is a senior life member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and a member of the Consultants Network of Silicon Valley. He has been an instructor at Foothill College in the Product Realization Certificate Program, teaching successful new product introduction skills. He has mentored startups at Techstars and Cleantech Open. He is a reviewer for NSF SBIR grants. He has advised dozens of startup companies on technical and funding issues. Mr. Maclay holds a BSEE degree in Electrical Engineering from Syracuse University.
- Ultra Low-Power Design Techniques: Gone are the days when laptops drive the definition of low-power. Today’s exploding array of battery operated devices including wearable devices, home health, mobile health and implantable devices require ultra low-power design techniques. It is possible to conserve power by limiting transmission power, shortening transmission and receive time, using low power sensors, and shutting down unneeded electronics. This takes a combination of system design, circuit design, and software to achieve the optimum solution. Walt Maclay will share design techniques to overcome battery limitations.
Developing Thought Leadership Material
The content we developed for the client’s presentation helped solidify the client as a thought leader in his field.
- The high-quality presentation with up-to-date content can be easily leveraged at future speaking opportunities as well as material for his blog and newsletter.
- All content was relevant to the intended audience and cutting-edge.
Walt’s presentation was well-received and was a lively interactive session.
- We helped Walt tailor presentation for the intended audience (managers and technical designers).
- Walt’s laid back speaking style was well-received and promoted an engaging learning environment.
- Continued coaching has developed this client as an effective speaker in both small and large group settings.
A video of the session is available for the client’s website.
Related Blog Posts
Trackback from your site.