Building a strong referral base is critical to every entrepreneur. Three things you can do today to build referrals:
- Make a list of 30 people you have had a shared success with, go back to school, first job, etc.
- Contact those people tell them:
- What you have been up to
- Here’s what I am looking for, please refer me to people if they are looking for my services.
- Please let me know what you have been up to and call if there is anything I can do to help.
- Write 2 testimonials for people you’ve had a shared success with in LinkedIn
“Tell everyone what you want to do and someone will want to help you do it.”
W. Clement Stone
- SKMurphy Newsletter Archive
- Networking And Referrals
- Model your relationship after the Save-the-Children Sponsor Program: Pictures and Thank you Letters
- Be proactive with Thanks
- Communicate on Progress
- Keep Them in the Loop
- Manage their Reputation
- Deliver for them
- Be clear on service demarcation (small overlaps are better than gaps)
- What Can I Do to Build Referrals
- Tips For Handling Referrals
Related Article: 10 Secrets to Getting More Referrals
Nancy Roebke offers details on these ten suggestions:
- Ask for them
- Reciprocate them: send business to those who help your business
- Reward them: from thank you letters to discounts to fees
- Give them to other qualified businesses
- Use testimonials in your literature and advertising.
- Give out more business cards.
- Community service.
- Sponsor a team or event.
- Be helpful.
- Join a networking group.