The October 2018 Great Demo! Workshop at Embassy Suites by Hilton in Milpitas that past attendees have stayed at and enjoyed. A list of other nearby hotels.
Hotels near October 2018 Great Demo! Workshop in Milpitas
Attending the Great Demo Workshop? The two day workshop is held at Embassy Suites by Hilton in Milpitas which several past attendees have stayed at and enjoyed.
However the hotel does normally sell out. So here are a couple of other nearby hotels, listed in increasing distance from the from the workshop:
Extended Stay America Milpitas
1000 Hillview Ct, Milpitas, CA 95035
Executive Inn Hotel
95 Dempsey Rd, Milpitas, CA 95035
The October 2018 Great Demo! Workshop
Create and Deliver Surprisingly Compelling Software Demonstrations
“Do The Last Thing First” — the recipe for a Great Demo!
This is an interactive workshop with Peter Cohan geared especially for you who demonstrate B-to-B software to your customer and channels. Bring a copy of your demo and be prepared to present it — we’ll help you turn it into a surprisingly compelling demo!
“Peter Cohan’s Great Demo method really works. It helped us win DEMOgod, and it has allowed us to explain our offering much more clearly to prospects.” Chaim Indig, CEO, Phreesia
Establish a framework, including skills and processes, to create and deliver improved software demonstrations to increase success in the sales and deployment of your organization’s offerings.
- Improve demonstration quality and effectiveness, by implementing a standard process and tools for demonstrations.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for each demo. • Increase probability of success for demo outcomes for real-life situations.
- Improve communication, preparation and follow-up between sales and presales.
- Reduce the cost of sales by using demos more judiciously.
- Increase the average deal size and/or sell additional products and services.
- Increase existing subscription expansion and renewals.
WORKSHOP DELIVERABLES AND SPECIFIC LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Participants will learn how to:
- Determine the right content for a demonstration, based on the customer’s business needs and objectives.
- Organize the content in a novel, logical progression that maps to audience needs and depth of interest – and engage and prove your capabilities within the first six minutes of the demonstration.
- Prepare demonstrations using the new method.
- Present demonstrations with the highest probability of success in achieving the desired objectives.
- Manage a range of real-life situations and scenarios.
Breakfast and registration begin at 8am and the workshop will start crisply at 8:30am. Participants complete the Workshop equipped with:
- A newly constructed, highly compelling demonstration of your software, targeted specifically for a typical key scenario.
- The ability to apply the method to develop equally targeted and compelling demonstrations for other scenarios, products, and situations.
The Great Demo! methodology delivers targeted “what’s in it for me?” benefits right up front, followed by rapid, targeted proof, and then further, more detailed exploration in accord with the audience’s level and depth of interest. This proven, highly successful method maps extremely well to the specific needs and constraints of audiences that can include senior management, middle management, end users, and IT staff.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Peter Cohan, Principal at The Second Derivative
Community Web Site: www.Secondderivative.com
Peter Cohan is the founder and principal of The Second Derivative, focused on helping software organizations improve their sales and marketing results – primarily through improving organizations’ demonstrations.
The bulk of his experience is with complex, enterprise software and strategic systems sold to varied audiences in a range of vertical markets. He has enjoyed roles in technical and product marketing, marketing management, sales and sales management, and senior management.
In 2003, he authored Great Demo!, a book that provides methods to create and execute compelling demonstrations. The 2nd edition of Great Demo! was published March, 2005.
Related Blog Posts
- Abigail Miller on Great Demo Workshop Benefits
- A Great Demo Is A Conversation Driven By Mutual Curiosity
- Ilya Semin of Datanyze on Value of Great Demo Workshop
- Chris Kane: Great Demo’s Impact On The VendorRisk Sales Presentation
- Great Demo Workshop Attendee: “Holy Crap! My Demos Have Too Much Detail”