SOLD OUT — NO WALK-IN ACCEPTED
Getting a handle on your financial roadmap is a key element of any startup’s success. A solid financial model will help you: i) gain insight into your business; ii) set a common direction for management; and iii) secure angel or venture capital investment.
Wed Sept. 24 11:30-1:30pm
Plug & Play Tech Center 440 N Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Early registration: $20
After Sept. 18 $40
In this 90 minute seminar, we will cover the basics of building an effective financial forecast, including:
- How to develop a credible and comprehensive revenue build up.
- How to model and match expenses as you grow.
- Methods for using public data to form defensible assumptions.
- Techniques for running scenarios (e.g., best case, worst case, baseline, rapid growth, etc.)
- Best practices in designing your model for flexibility.
- Fundamentals of determining capital needs and presenting financial data to investors.
You will leave with greater insight into the economics of your business and increased confidence when presenting your model to others. Seminar handouts and a simple model example are included.
- Nathan Beckord, a Partner at VentureArchetypes, LLC. VentureArchetypes is a strategy consulting firm focused on emerging technology startups. They help you with your business plan and fundraising needs. Nathan is an active speaker and moderator on such topics such as Business Plan Development and Seed and VC Strategy.
- Sean Murphy has taken an entrepreneurial approach to life since he could drive. He has served as an advisor to dozens of startups, helping them explore new options and bring their businesses to new levels. His firm, SKMurphy, Inc., focuses on early customers and early revenue for software startups, helping engineers to understand business development.