A conversation with Pete Tormey on forming a team, dividing equity, and gaining early traction in a startup.
Podcast with Pete Tormey on Forming a Team,
Dividing Equity, and Gaining Early Traction
Pete Tormey and I decided to do a podcast to address a number of team formation, business formation, and early revenue issues that we have seen in our own startups, in our practices, or hear questions about at the various Bootstrapper Breakfasts® meetings we take part in.
Pete is a serial entrepreneur and patent attorney with Antero Tormey. He co-moderates the Bootstrapper Breakfast group that meets the first Wednesday of the month at Boudin Bakery in Embarcadero 4 in San Francisco. We walk around a number of issues around mistakes that break teams up early or plant the seeds that kill a startup later on.
Or download Conversation with Pete Tormey Forming a Team, Dividing Equity, and Gaining Early Traction [PT130515] (MP3) 43 minutes long
We plan to do another podcast next month, if you have questions you would like to here addressed or want to take part please leave a comment or use the contact form.
Podcasts with Pete Tormey
- Podcast with Pete Tormey on Forming a Team, Dividing Equity, and Gaining Early Traction
- Podcast with Pete Tormey: Bootstrapper’s Delegation Checklist
- Pete Tormey: How to Keep Harmony Among Founders
Related Blog Posts
See SKMurphy Startup Stages Model for an overview on how to get started.
- Startup Stages: Survive, Explore, Focus, Refine, Grow
- Chalk Talk: Where is Your Team on the Explore / Exploit Continuum?
- Startup Stages Overview Video
- Q: What Are Critical Tasks In A Startup?
- A Primer on Business Assets for High Technology Startups
- SKMurphy Office Hours For Startups: Set Your Own Agenda
Image Credit Spiral Staircase Licensed from 123RF © Ristoviita