Some thoughts on college vs. startups, the panels are sliced up from “Students” by Randall Monroe. This is which is a dream that I still have. I find it a marker for being under pressure.
College vs. Startup
Comparing college vs. startup yields some important differences but I didn’t address whether dropping out to found a startup is a good idea. My answer is no. The following are outliers in many ways: Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Michael Dell, Evan Williams, Larry Ellison, and Travis Kalanick. They all dropped out of college to found very successful technology firms.
Related Blog Posts
- College Graduation: From Traveling Station to Station to Navigating a Borderless Sea
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You
- Bill Watterson on the Real World
- When You Are No Longer The Smartest Person In The Room
- Resources for Student Entrepreneur Organizations
Image Credit all images are a slice up of panels from “Students” by Randall Munroe (xkcd.com) who retains copyright.