SKMurphy’s bootcamp provides a proven Customer Discovery Framework for validating your idea with prospects to determine the real market need.
Customer Discovery Framework
The SKMurphy Customer Discovery Bootcamp provides a framework for making customer discovery interviews. We draft emails, interview questions, talk about how to do the outreach and how to find prospects.
This course is for startup founders who have heard they should do customer discovery but are unsure where to get started, where to find people, and what to say.
Proven Customer Discovery Framework
- Define the product/service.
- Prepare various forms of sales pitches.
- Validate the problem with prospects to determine their needs accurately.
Guided Customer Discovery Journey
We guide you through each step of the process. Every week you get videos and homework, which we review and improve as a group. Attendees say that the group review helps them improve to give the best chance for success. It allows for fast iteration and good progress.
Defining the product/service
- Prepare and refine your interview and discovery questions.
- Learn how to activate your network for referrals.
- Provide enough value to interview subjects so that they offer referrals.
- Go to school on competitors, alternatives, and what prospects view as the status quo.
- If there is not a buyer’s guide for your product category, write the buyer’s guide.
Preparing sales pitches and validating the idea
Making a pitch when asked – offer is a result (problem data for result / $ for result)
- One page pitch
- 6 slide pitch
- 6 page website
- Other profiles: e.g. LinkedIn
Outreach plan – organizing your efforts
- Outreach go-to-market plan
- Sales process
- Richer website
Key Take Aways
- Learn how to validate customer demand
- Validate that you are focused on the right customer for your product or service
- Define which features will be most important for your customers
- Understand if you are solving a big enough problem for customers that they will buy
- Consider the best ways to go to market based on your customers’ habits and practices
SKMurphy Take: The last bootcamp was a lot of fun, I am so excited to do our next one.
Videos on-demand. Review sessions Saturday January 22 – March 5 1:30-3:30pm PDT/ 4:30-6:30pm EDT (skipping February 5)
Related Blog Posts
- Customer Discovery Bootcamp for Market Exploration
- 5 Ways To Start Customer Discovery Interviews
- Six Elements to Extract From Customer Discovery Interviews
- Founders Must Engage in Customer Discovery Conversations To Close Early Sales
- Getting Better at Customer Discovery Conversations
- How To Determine Your Competition During Customer Discovery
- Customer Discovery Conversations While Driving Are Not a Good Idea
- Q: Can We Launch First and Ask Customer Discovery Questions Later?
- User Experience Research vs. Customer Discovery
- David Telleen-Lawton on Customer Discovery Meetings at Lean Culture Tue-Jun-26-2018
- The Nitty Gritty of Setting Up Customer Discovery Meetings