It will be this Wednesday November 12, 4-6pm in the Fir Ballroom. It’s listed in the ICCAD program as an additional meeting: EDA Bloggers’ Birds-of-a-Feather
If you are interested in learning more about blogging or how it’s affecting the evolution of the EDA industry, please attend and lend your ears and your perspective. There will be plenty of time for a serious conversation with a number of bloggers from different points on the EDA compass–users, vendors, journalists, consultants…
Please contact me if you are interested in attending and want to put some questions or topics on the list for the open discussion forum.
- Promote blogging in EDA / ASIC Design Industry
- Allow bloggers to meet and get to know one another in a community of practice setting.
- Educate interested parties, readers and others interested in blogging.
- Opening remarks Juan-Antonio Carballo (our sponsor for the event at ICCAD)
- One Minute intro by each attendee: Name, Company/Affiliation, Blog; Can Suggest Issues or Discussion Topics.
- Three minute Lightning Talks
- Open Discussion
Confirmed presenters (in alphabetical order by last name)
- Karen Bartleson http://synopsysoc.org/thestandardsgame/
- John Blyler http://www.chipdesignmag.com/blyler/
- John Busco http://jab-semi.blogspot.com/
- Mike Demler http://synopsysoc.org/analoginsights/
- Grant Martin http://www.chipdesignmag.com/martins/
- Rick Munden http://blog.freemodelfoundry.com/
- Sean Murphy http://www.skmurphy.com/blog/
- Warren Savage http://www.design-reuse.com/blogs/oncores
Cost: Free (since this a related event at ICCAD , it will not require ICCAD registration to attend).
There is a mailing list for EDA bloggers at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/edabloggers/ It’s is a very low traffic (1-2 messages a month) moderated E-mail distribution list for announcements and other notices of general interest to EDA Blogging community. It’s intended to help coordinate Birds of a Feather and other events for bloggers at EDA related conferences and other venues.
Most folks are choosing to talk about different aspects of what they have learned from blogging. This is a good cross section of folks and their talks should jumpstart a variety of interesting discussions in the two hours that we have.
Related links on this blog
- What Happens When 70 EDA Blogs becomes 500 in 2011?
- A Primer on Blogs for EDA Start-ups
- Bloggers Covering Electronic Design Automation
Other Blog coverage:
- Bloggers to Fly Again at ICCAD on DFT Digest
- Don’t Miss Bloggers’ BoF at ICCAD on The Standards Game
- See You at ICCAD on the System Verification Blog
- Bloggers Flock to ICCAD on John’s Semi-Blog
- EDA Blogger BoF at ICCAD on Taken for Granted
- Meet the Bloggers at On Cores
- Live Bloggers at ICCAD on Analog Insights
Trackback from your site.