Four excerpts from a fantastic briefing at the Lean Culture Meetup by Vicky Hora on coaching and mentoring.
Vicky Hora on Awesome Coaching and Mentoring
Coaching and mentoring are different from consulting and one-way advising. It aims at evoking insights, self-discovery, and personal growth through partnering and co-creating the possibilities and outcomes. Here are a few of the key skills he talked about.
In the clip below Vicky defines coaching for us.
Vicky shares a key skill in coaching: 3 levels of listening.
Use “what” and “how” to ask powerful questions.
Awesome Coaching and Mentoring
More about Vicky Hora
Vicky has been an Inspiring Technologist, Servant Leader, Coach, Facilitator, Trainer, Mentor andDesign Thinker to the people and teams that he has served in organizations during his versatile career spanning 22+ years. He has played dynamic roles in areas of Professional Services, Technology, Project & Program Management, Customer Success, Sales, Business and Enterprise Agility Coaching and Scaled Agility Transformations.
Vicky has worked with some of the amazing companies across Technology, Manufacturing, Insurance, Telecom and Enterprise Management Cloud domains.
More at – https://www.linkedin.com/in/vickyshora
Related Blog Posts
- Advising Entrepreneurs
- The Challenge of Advising Entrepreneurs The key challenge in advising entrepreneurs is to help them walk around the options and explore the consequences of each decision.
- Peer Advisors
- Scott Swaaley: A Good Advisor Provides Context
- Why Startup Founders Choose SKMurphy As An Advisor
- Six Profound Insights from Naval Ravikant
- CJ Cornell Deconstructs 7 Pieces of Lousy Advice For Entrepreneurs
- Seeing the Elephant: The Entrepreneur’s Challenge in Integrating Advice
- Adeo Ressi: Don’t Lose Your Purpose In A Pivot
- Tristan Kromer: You Can Tell a Good Advisor by Their Questions
- Take Time to Walk Around the Problem
Image Credit: Vicky Hora