Founder’s Journey: Lessons Learned with Cindi Thompson on June 9, 2021
Cindi Thompson, CEO and founder of Climate Companion, shares her entrepreneurial journey and lessons learned. She shares her vision, drive and passion as we discuss the nuts and bolts of following her dreams to building something that will change the world.
In this short video, Cindi, a first-time entrepreneur, talks about the pleasant surprise of how willing folks in her network were to speak to her. She shares her North Star that helps guide company pivots and the hypnosis testing her team does. Cindi also talks about building a culture inside a startup.
In this candid discussion, Cindi shared the ups and downs of her journey and how she was able to team up with an experienced co-founder to map ideas into creative approaches and then execute them. Links that Cindi talks about in the video:
- Drawdown (https://drawdown.org/) tracks climate solutions.
- Joro (https://www.joro.tech/) is an app to track the carbon footprint of your purchases.
- Ecochallenge (https://ecochallenge.org/hello/) is another organization targeting individual behavior change.
- Cult of Done (https://medium.com/@bre/the-cult-of-done-manifesto-724ca1c2ff13) is an inspiration on importance of execution and getting things done. Accepting that everything is a draft helps to get it done.
- Ash Maurya makes the case that entrepreneurs must start with mindset to drive the skill development that will create traction and success.
We want to thank Cindi for taking part in our Lean Culture “Entrepreneur’s Journey” series and congratulate her on getting accepted into the Cleantech Open Accelerator.
Enjoy this founder story; here are other ones.
- Scott Swaaley Launches MakeSafe Tools to Improve Workplace Safety
- Hiten Shah: Four Lessons I Learned Squandering My Opportunity at KISSMetrics
- Tim Lombard Launches PCBevo, a Unique Analysis Tool for PCB Layout
- What Lessons Should I Draw From A Painful Cofounder Experience?
- Yodit Stanton on Why She Founded OpenSensors
- See all the founder stories