When I was a boy the 4th of July was sparklers and fireworks in Kirkwood Park. While I don’t find fireworks as exciting today as when I was younger, I do have a better understanding of these words from the Declaration of Independence and I find them very energizing.
“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed…”
The beginning of the second paragraph in the United States Declaration of Independence
Take a Break on the 4th of July
Take a break and spend some time with friends and family. Watch fireworks, read the Declaration of Independence, the work will still be there Tuesday.
“A strong person is one who carries the past into the future, showing that none of its issues are capable of resolution.
Independence Day Related Blog Posts
- Independence Day 2021: A Promissory Note to Every American
- Independence Day 2019: “Conquer or Die”
- Independence Day 2018: Live Free Or Die
- Happy Fourth of July 2017
- Calvin Coolidge on the Declaration of Independence
- Have a Happy 4th of July in 2015
- Happy 4th of July (2014)
- Independence Day 2012
- July 4, Independence Day, 2011
- Fourth of July 2010