Our July/August 2016 newsletter highlights thought leadership as a requirement for establishing a presence in the minds of prospects.
July/August 2016 Newsletter: Thought Leadership
|This blog post summarizes our July/August 2016 newsletter, you can subscribe to the monthly SKMurphy newsletter using the form at the right.
Thought Leadership is a talk or an article that helps your prospects discern the important events and trends at work in the present, predict their likely effects, and offer perspective and actionable advice in time to have an impact. It’s guided by an Marcelo Rinesi’s insight that “The future is an abstraction, all change is happening now.” You can only take action in the present.
The Rotary Club’s ‘Four Way Test” offers a good way to detect whether an organization is healthy. When people are communicating is it true, is it fair to all, does it build goodwill, and will it be beneficial to everyone involved. If communication fails one or more of these tests then the organization is unlikely to thrive.
George Grellas offers some actionable insights on what is required to be a leader. One key one is to become an independent thinker and have the courage to follow your ideas. These ideas are built on the hard work necessary to develop a few extraordinary skills.
Tom Demarco makes three interesting observations in Slack. The key elements needed for real leadership are a clear articulation of a direction, a frank admission of short term pain, follow-up, follow-up, and follow-up. New leaders acquire trust by giving trust. Leaders must acknowledge the learning curve: training is practice doing a new task much more slowly than an expert would do it.
SKMurphy E-Mail Newsletter
- May/June 2016 Newsletter: Early Sales
- Mar/Apr 2016 Newsletter: Lead Generation
- December 2015 Newsletter: Retrospectives, Post Mortems, and After Action Reviews
- November 2015 Newsletter: Referrals / Thanksgiving
- October 2015 Newsletter: Customer Discovery Interviews
- September 2015 Newsletter: When and How to Seek Investment
- August 2015 Newsletter: Strategies for a Winning Sales Presentation
- July 2015 Newsletter: Collaborating to Build Better Companies & Teams