Mark Graban gave a great talk at last year’s Lean Startup Week on how to avoid wasting your time–and your team’s time–looking for meaning in normal fluctuation. Here are some highlights.
Here is a recent email I got from Walt Maclay, an SKMurphy, Inc. client since 2008. It includes an email from one of Voler’s partners congratulating him on the February newsletter. As our partner Peter Cohan often says, “Warning: shameless self-promotion.”
Scott Robertson had a great post up last month on how to make content marketing work: be relevant, be different, be real, be useful, and be consistent. Here are some excerpts along with additional thoughts and commentary.
Promotion often makes the difference between business success and failure. A recent email from Startup Digest gave me some great ideas.
- Develop checklists and top 10 lists.
- Tie your news story to recent events.
- Get in the email inbox.
- Celebrate the holidays with discount or special offer.
- Always include a list of upcoming events.
Upcoming SKMurphy Events
- August 9, Startup Sales Circle
- September 15, Mastermind Open House
- October 6&7, Will Work for Equity: Startup CEOs Share Lesson Learned, Silicon Valley Code Camp, Los Altos, CA
- October 10&11, “Great Demo!” San Jose, CA
Upcoming Bootstrappers Breakfast Events