The IEEE Consulting Network of Silicon Valley continues its tradition of inviting world class experts on leading edge technologies to speak at their monthly meetings. On Tue-Nov-4-2014, Giacomo Vacca of Kinetic River will provide an overview on how flow cytometers enable a wide range of “Human Cell Analysis.”
Mike Silverman passed away Sep-13-2014 after a 14 month battle with cancer. He was an entrepreneur with tremendous energy and integrity. I will miss him. He founded Ops A La Carte in 2002 and built it up to a training, testing, and consulting organization providing work for dozens of experienced reliability engineers.
The following announcement went out this morning:
ARMONK, N.Y – 25 Sep 2014: IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that Verdafero, a San Francisco-based utility analytics startup, has selected IBM Cloud to power its utility analytics platform, allowing customers to reduce their energy, water or waste consumption by up to 30 percent. Verdafero chose IBM’s open cloud platform, Bluemix, over a previously used platform, in order to significantly speed the development and delivery of more features and offerings to its users.
I have blogged about BeamWise™ in
- “BeamWise Blends Biophotonic and Model Based Design Expertise”
- A First look at BeamWise in Operation”
If you are interested in getting a closer look, Kinetic River will be demonstrating it in booth 8639 at the BiOS Conference February 1-2, 2014. If you don’t want to wait that long contact Giacomo Vacca directly or take a look at a new BeamWise demo video.
Dr. Giacomo Vacca of Kinetic River will present a briefing on BeamWise™ at the Twenty-Third Cytometry Development Workshop in Asilomar today. Here is a silent four minute video of some key aspects of BeamWise operation he will narrate live as a part of the briefing. Tapio Karras of Design Parametrics will also be on hand to answer questions. The video was created from a screen capture of BeamWise in operation by Hannu Lehtimäki.
The following announcement went out this morning: Biophotonic System Design Optimized Through New Technology BeamWise from Design Parametrics, Kinetic River, and Plan Energy I have added some additional hyperlinks for clarity. Giacomo Vacca will include a brief overview of BeamWise in his talk at the Bio2Devices Group on Sep-24-2013, “New Tools for Cancer Research: Probing Cellular Processes at High Throughput,” and describe how it contributed to the design of an innovative flow cytometer currently in use for research.
We are excited to see Robert Felten’s recent project, GUI for a flash drive, featured in EE Times. Robert Felten Software provides Software Development Consulting and Contracting. He specializes in Qt/C++ GUI and embedded software.
Robert is a new client, we are excited to see his expertise recognized.
Below are projects we have help work on with our clients.
- Sean Murphy Joins Fluxicon Advisory Board
- Good advice about customer verification
- GE Capital CEO, Cloud Computing Expert, and Customer Development Strategist Join eMOBUS Advisory Board
- San Jose Business Journal: Palo Alto’s Verdafero offers sustainability planning over the Web
- technews.am: Verdafero Profiled by SJ BizJournal “Sustainability Planning Over the Web”
Growth & Consumer Acquisition
- Mitchell Selects DataCare Case Management and Utilization Review Software for Excellence in Innovation
- DataCare Reports 32% Growth in 2010
- Voler Systems Reports 50% Growth in 2009
- Construction Companies Deploy eMOBUS for Better Mobility Expense Management
- Fat Spaniel Selects Replicate Technologies for Virtualization Management Service
- Disco Wins Best In Show Award
- eMOBUS CTO Discusses Migrating from PaaS to IaaS at SaaScon 2010
- Voler Systems President Speaks at BIOMEDevices San Jose
- LinuxWorld: SaaS Rapid Release Cycles Drive Virtualization Demand
- Strategic alliance to deliver heterogeneous parallel processing solutions for oil and gas industry
- New Idea Engineering Joins Google Enterprise Professional Program
- Vendor Neutral Technical Analyst: New Idea Engineering Partners
- Calibration Verifies Accuracy in Disposable Medical Devices as published in Embedded Computing Design
- Voler Provides Risk Management For Leading Edge Components
- Interview with Tom Henderson from ADDS
- Lucene: An Interview with Otis Gospodnetic
Product Introductions & Launches
I was pleased to see that Verdafero, a firm we have been advising for about a year, was selected last Friday by the San Jose Business Journal for their “The Pitch” column. The article, “Palo Alto’s Verdafero Offers Sustainability Planning Over the Web,” ran in the February 5th print edition:
THE BUSINESS: Verdafero has developed a software-as-a-service platform that can be used for sustainability planning, energy efficiency and carbon management services for small and medium enterprise businesses. Customers use the tool to develop a sustainability plan by analyzing best practices and specific savings potential in their energy and material use as well as the environmental impact of their products and associated waste byproducts. Verdafero says it helps its customers stay ahead of supplier approval requirements, increase competitive advantage and improve profitability through cost reductions across their business operations.
MANAGEMENT TEAM: CEO Merc Martinelli is a certified sustainability consultant and previously worked at Cisco Systems Inc. where he led the new product introduction department within the enterprise line of business. Chief Operating Officer Alastair Hood is a business, technology and energy efficiency consultant, and he has worked with emerging companies in the U.K., Ireland and Australia. Previously he worked at Agilent Technologies Inc. and was a founding team member and development director of Nanosight Ltd., a U.K. nanotechnology startup, where he helped raise in excess of $10 million in startup funding.
A note on the name Verdafero: In the global language Esperanto: Verda = Green and Afero = Business. Verdafero™ – We Green Business.
- Visualizing Sustainability a list of 138 different visualizations of sustainability. Hat tip to David Sibbet who notes “a full panorama from simple to complex, mapping onto every conceivable base map. I’ve contended for a long time that a sustainability mindset requires systems thinking, and that systems thinking requires visual thinking—even if the display is just between your ears.
- Green Software Unconference